Wednesday 14 October 2009

My hero is Roland Rat...

explains a lot Darren Bennett, it explains a lot!

Craig and Flavia just continue to look uncomfortable everywhere they go - uncomfortable on the dance floor, on the couch, even with each other. I find myself crossing my fingers with something akin to violence every time they dance, so desperate am I that they will make it through the routine without tears.

I think both of them actually would have suited a more outgoing, less earnest partner to bring out the best....Not sure I am looking forward to their jive. Having said that, with the ballroom dances, it is so difficult to get past Craig's painful posture, maybe doing an out-of-hold latin will create the illusion of improvement and a better dance. That, together with the sympathy vote, may well keep them out of the dance off this week.

Continuing the homage to Hardy - Karen gave such a clear description of the difference between the heel and toe leads, and the different effects created, that I am sure people in their thousands will have been trying out heel and toe leads in the office today. Love the way that she creates really effective imagery to describe dance to the non-dancer, and her enthusiasm and engagement with the dance and Strictly comes shining through. Strange how she didn't mention Ricky and Natalie's salsa among her favourites.

Natalie Cassidy looked lovely - with a hairstyle that made her look really sophisticated. Their Viennese Waltz however, is not looking good - too flat and lazy of foot. Hope that she can do her dad proud this Saturday though. Good luck Piccolina and Bambino!

Oh that bottom - I am coming over all funny again. No not Ricky Whittle, Phil Tuffnel! Just loving Tuffers more and more - "I want that shirt - and those trousers - I want the whole outfit". I am not sure Katya really "gets" Tuffers (nor Claudia and the whole ITT thing actually), but then she is young, and probably not used to the quirky British humour thing. How good a match would Lilia and Tuffers have made? Fantasies, fantasies....

No comments:

Post a Comment