Wednesday 21 October 2009

More Dick van Dyke than Fred Astaire

Well I think that is a pretty fair description of Ricky Groves actually! I am slightly concerned though - Erin has a big surprise for us! The last time she had a big surprise we had - wait for it - the muppet showdance and the potential to involve Georgina Bouzova and Kate Garraway in a "previous dance training" scandal...That didn't work out so well, did it now Erin? I know that technically Darren Gough (Sportsman on a Journey, TM) had already won by that moment, but haven't you learnt anything about surprising the audience?

Anyway, giving her the benefit of the doubt (don't let me down on this one Erin...) I understand the reasoning. A) do a really unique American Smooth on SCD that is going to stand out. Apparently we are going to have only the second VW based AS evah! B) Get kudos from the judges in not relying on a foxtrot based Smooth (mind you if you are relying on Len, think about what he said about Anton serving up a quickstep-based foxtrot, and how he was underwhelmed by you and Austin doing the Smooth) C) Getting Ricky to do a ballroom that shows his personality!

Actually the more I think of it, Erin is playing this like a master tactician. This Smooth is lined up to get max public votes. And it is to Chim-Chimeney Chim-Chimeney Chim Chim Choo Roo....can I start voting now please?

Loved the anatomy of the samba dresses - what memories! Lilia and the wardrobe malfuntion! Carol Smillie (I thought she had been airbrushed out of SCD history as a punishment for Carolcam - now if she were on the tour with Matt, I would buy tickets!) buying her dress; Lesley and Anton (is it my imagination, or are Lesley and Anton from the forgotten series featuring quite heavily recently, maybe in an attempt (CONSPIRACY THEORY!) to remind us of Anton's finest hour.....

Jade's dress - not convinced, but will reserve judgement.

Jo Woods - lovely, but that length is going to reveal a multitude of sins in the lack of leg and hip action.

Laila - OK so it worked this week, so we will use the distraction fringe technique again (please let them be bottom 2, please let them be bottom 2).

Gorgeous dress for NatCass, and is it just me, or has Ali's dress new vibrant dress (first non pastel dress) been planned to coincide with the recent programming of the vibrant personality?

So where do I buy Jo's "Granny power DVD"? OK so I am not a granny, but she is so endearing, I just love everything she does. Not sure about my free Darren Bennett though - can I have a free Matt C?

I am going to leave the last words with Ola though - "Stop saying sorry, just get it right". Indeedy deedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment