Thursday 29 October 2009

"The dressmaker would like all the boys to show more flesh on TV....

....but I am piccolino....I am too small. I don't think I should be doing that". So said Vincent, who is fast becoming my favourite male pro. What is not to love about the pocket-sized Italian Stallion, with his over the top flirting, his knowing glances to camera, and high camp gestures? Combine that with some of the most inventive choreography on SCD, great all round performances, and the ability to establish a good relationship with all his partners, and that makes a really watchable character. Forza Vincenzo!

With Lilia out early, Karen relegated to Choreography Corner, and Flavia dancing with a muppet who has had his personality surgically removed, I was in need of a new female pro to rival Erin in my affectations. And this year, along comes Ola - from least favoured to up there with Queen Erin! How completely can you change your mind about someone! This year, I appreciate her choreography, her teaching skills, and her incredible relationship with Chris. There is something about the two of them that has me voting every week - even though we may be confronted with Chris' "Trout pout, lemon-sucking, migraine face" this Saturday during the cha cha. Yeah baby!

From self-deprecating and tough love, to self congratulation and egotism. Team Cola to Charm and Smarm, and my mood changed abruptly. Anton, I used to find you hilarious, but the jokes are wearing so very thin now. From that awful justification of your non-samba (it was all done to keep things simple for Laila apparently, and to get her enjoying Latin again. Nothing to do with your lack of choreographic skills, then?) to the over-confidence about the Viennese Waltz (it could be the best ballroom ever performed on Strictly!), I just got hotter and hotter under the collar. Pride comes before a fall though, and I await with baited breath the time that Laila and Anton end up on Claudia's couch on a Monday.

The hilarious Hilary took us cavorting through the costume designs for Saturday, with Claudia adding her brilliant apercus. Of Zoe, who will be wearing "basically a swimming costume with a feather", or of Natalie "She is wearing lilac and yellow, Explain yourself!". Oh for a whole hour of Hilary and Claudia doing costumes. Now that would be heaven indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment