Tuesday 22 September 2009

Naughty - and rhythm - tick!

Possibly my favourite Claudism this programme, although I also liked "I just want to sit on your lap" said to Ricky Groves, "I have jumped of course, but normally to reach something" said to Aliona.

I enjoyed this show a lot better, although it did all feel rushed. Slow down, breathe, and let us enjoy the show please! Jade seems to be having a slightly negative edit already - showing a montage of her whinging about pain....so this year's competitive woman is being shown as a moaner in episode 2 - hmmmm...

I enjoyed Karen Hardy, as ever, and think she will be much missed from the main show for her enthusiasm and general madness. I am rubbing my hands at the thought of the promised focus on choreography for ITT though. I thought that Karen did a pretty good job, and only name checked Ramps about ten times in a five minute slot. What she said was pretty balanced and I liked the way that she didn't just focus on the good dancers, but managed to find something positive to say about Kristina's choreo for Joe.

Shirley Ballas - what a legend! Knowledgeable, experienced, respected, articulate, constructive, fair. Now what role could she occupy on SCD? I would gladly see her replace any of the current judges. I think she did a very good job in summing up the contestants' potential in a couple of sentences. She said something positive about each, in language that the non-dancer could understand, gave little insights into the personalities of her charges (Ricky is naughty, Natalie has a great smile and attitude) so that we could relate to them. She even managed to give an honest, but not cutting view of any problems, but had something positive to say about each dancer. What an addition to Strictly she would make. And she looks Fab-u-lous!

No comments:

Post a Comment