Friday 25 September 2009

"I am going to make you a lucky sandwich"

Claudism of the week - said to Joe Calzaghe (apparently it was to be peanut butter and banana). Only rivalled by an excited squeal of "I am going down" which surely has to rival the unfortunate "Swallowing - and going on - as we say in my house" as the most YouTube-able Claudia moment.

Seriously, rounding up a lovely week of ITT (only ruined in my living room by shouts of "It's so not about you, Johnny Vaughan"), tonight was a lovely canape for the main event. And ITT/SCD are using their best assets - former and evicted pros for great effect as contributors this year. There was even a great piece by the Divine Mr C on the SCD website, with promises of more to come.

So the big question is - what should my voting strategy be this year? Last year, I voted for the best dance of the evening, the most improved dancer/surprise of the night, and the "Saturday evening after a couple of glasses of wine" candidate. So my votes went mainly to Austin, Cherie, Jodie, Don and John. I will leave you to work out which dancer belongs in which category.

This year so far I have voted for Jade, Chris and Ricky. So my personal favourite female performance, male performance and facial performance. Logic would suggest from now on favourite female, favourite male and a little help to a mid table person who I want to dance again. But that would suggest logic, and hell, what do sequins, spray tans, and Strictly-tastic fun have to do with logic on a Saturday night?

No comments:

Post a Comment